Although the USA had only been in action once since the last Top 10 of the FIFA Rankings, a friendly win over Bosnia-Herzegovina by a 1-0 score line was enough to see Gregg Berhalter’s boys move up one place to trade places with Germany.
With no competitive window to speak of, there were only a few others movers in the rankings, although not until the 29th spot, where Algeria moved up after their 2-0 victory over Tunisia in the FIFA Arab Cup Final in Qatar last week.
The CONCACAF rankings remain the same however with Mexico still number 14 and Canada number 40. Belgium holds onto the top spot and remains the best team in the world to have never won any silverware.
The next official international break will see the USMNT go up against El Salvador (January 27, 2022) at home, Canada away (January 30th, 2022), and finally back at home against Honduras (February 2, 2022).
FIFA World Rankings, including CONCACAF WCQ Pool rankings for comparison:
11. USA (2nd in CONCACAF WCQ)
14. Mexico (3rd in CONCACAF WCQ)
40. Canada (1st in CONCACAF WCQ)
49. Costa Rica (5th in CONCACAF WCQ)
57. Jamaica (6th in CONCACAF WCQ)
63. Panama (4th in CONCACAF WCQ)
69. El Salvador (7th in CONCACAF WCQ)
76. Honduras (8th in CONCACAF WCQ)